Your stuff could be here!
Program Management System - 21st BCCE - Supporting and Engaging Two-Year College Programs: Exploring the ACS Role
||Supporting and Engaging Two-Year College Programs: Exploring the ACS Role
||How can ACS engage and support two-year college programs? Following the release of the "ACS Guidelines for Chemistry in Two-Year College Programs," a task force was formed to answer this question. Discussions will focus on potential frameworks for ongoing evaluation and improvement, identification and communication of effective practices and critical issues, and recognition of high standards in two-year college programs. Input will also be requested on procedures to
1) Coordinate the preparation, review, dissemination, and updates of supplements for the ACS Guidelines for Chemistry in Two-Year College Programs;
2) Assess the use and impact of the Guidelines, review results, and share them with the community; and
3) Explore how the guidelines could be made more useful, collecting and disseminating examples of how they are used.
Questions about the guidelines will also be addressed during this interactive session.
||Given the overlap in presiders, this symposium should not be scheduled at the same time as the symposium “Practices and Policies that Foster Excellence in the First Two Years”
Given the target audience, please also avoid scheduling this symposium at the same time as 2YC3 programs.
If possible, please minimize conflicts with the undergraduate research symposium and the following symposia, which cover topics highlighted in the new ACS Guidelines for Chemistry in Two-Year College Programs:
• Community College and University: Sharing Funding, Research, Students, Faculty, Instruments and Expertise
• Monitoring, Assessing, and Improving Students’ Oral Presentation and Scientific Writing Skills within Chemistry Courses and throughout Science Programs
• Teaching Safety in Chemistry Classes and Programs
You must be logged in to use this feature.